About Dr. Ashley Harmon
I am a board certified psychiatrist and worked in private practice for nearly a decade in the Boston area treating children, adolescents, and adults. After relocating to Seattle in 2013, I continued my practice offering expertise in both medication and psychotherapy treatment. Additionally, I now offer school consultation to help families and schools better understand the mental health needs of students and consider appropriate accommodations for the educational environment.
My approach is heavily influenced by mentors who practiced psychiatry before the expectation was to see multiple patients per hour and the patient-doctor relationship was considered integral to healing. I believe mental health treatment is a process and often takes more time than our current pace of life allows. This is why I combine more symptom oriented approaches, like medication, with a depth-oriented understanding of psychological development.
Many people come to see me for psychiatric conditions, like anxiety, depression, chronic pain, attention problems, impulsive behaviors, or developmental issues. Others seek treatment for relationship issues or help understanding why they are not able to change the course of their lives despite their best efforts. With training in psychoanalysis, medications, and cognitive behavioral approaches, I feel confident evaluating and treating a broad range of issues.
If you would like to learn more, I recommend you schedule a consultation with me so that we can discuss it together.
- • Board Certified in General Adult Psychiatry
- • Board Eligible in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- • Washington and Massachusetts State Physician Licenses
- • Seattle Psychoanalytic Society and Institute, Faculty
- • Harvard Medical School, Cambridge Hospital Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship
- • Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital General Adult Psychiatry Residency (Chief Resident)
- • Emory University, M.D.
- • Hendrix College, B.A. in Biology